Nancy Hunter Denney
28 Atlantic Ave – Suite 316
Boston, MA 02110
M.A., College Student Personnel
Bowling Green State University, 1984
B.A., Communication Studies/Psychology (Magna Cum Laude)
Oswego State University, 1982
College Consultant/Guidance [2010 – 2013]
Bishop Stang High School, N. Dartmouth, MA
While continuing to speak full-time, assisted private Catholic high school with the carrying out of their mission to educate faithful citizens with significant moral character. Advised students and parents around the college search, selection and admissions process. Coordinated all aspects of the planning and implementation of numerous student and parent programs, including guest speakers.
Founder, Publisher and Project Manager [2007 – present]
Zing! Leadership Development Systems, LLC
Developed to serve those individuals who train and teach leadership towards the betterment of mankind, Zing! LDS, LLC offers topical course curriculums ranging from group dynamics to empowerment strategies, inspirational products, and book publishing services. All program curriculums and products are original and contextually grounded in the Zing! approach of positively influencing others towards a greater social good. The publishing division includes the coordination of all editing, layout and publishing services.
Professional Speaker and Leadership Trainer [1993 – present]
Started speaking business with the vision of providing clients with a high energy, sustainable, and inspirational presentation experience. Clients include: institutions of higher education and their related conferences, non-profit helping organizations, professional development conferences, business associations, and corporations committed to serving others. With appearances on over 900 institutions of higher education, and at numerous national, regional, and state conferences, was successful in building a reputation for quality speaking services, program development, outcome identification, and content rich handout materials. Coordinated and managed all aspects of running a speaking business including: contract negotiations, logistical arrangements, travel, and personalized program development.
Assistant Dean of Students [1987 – 1993]
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA
Responsibilities included directing entire institution’s student activities department, advising the all-campus programming board, and overseeing: club sports, Greek life, new student and parent orientation, women’s programming, student leadership training and special programs. Greek life responsibilities included: officer training, Greek judicial training, and serving as Interfraternity/Panhellenic and Greek Council advisor. Supervised assistant director of student activities. Served on dean of students staff in the division of student affairs.
Program Board Advisor [1984 – 1987]
Case Western Reserve University, OH
Responsibilities included working as a member of the Thwing Center staff and advising all aspects of the campus programming board including: event planning, promoting and supervision, recruitment and retention of volunteers and creative programming.
Zing! 21 Insights on How to Maximize Your Influence – 3rd Edition
Published by Zing Leadership Development Systems, LLC this valuable resource offers strategies for expanding your ability to influence others towards a greater social good. 244 pages. Foreword by Ken Blanchard. LCCN: ISBN: Copyright 2004, 2010 and 2013.
Wisdom Along the Way: Writings on Life and Leadership
This is a collection of lessons learned over the past thirty years in a gift-sized book. Contributing authors include Dr. Maura Cullen, Jermaine M. Davis, Michael Miller, Kristin Skarie and Paul Moda. 115 pages. ISBN: 0-9792134-6-0 Copyright 2013.
The Now Factors of College Success – 2nd Edition
This collaboration with colleagues Michael Miller and Jermaine M. Davis offers straight talk to college students on having a valuable college experiences. 225 pages. ISBN: 10-0-9792134-4-4 Copyright 2008 and 2010.
Lessons from the Road: Inspirational Insights by Leading Speakers in Education
Served as project manager, coordinating editor and publisher. 280 pages. Foreword by Scott Hamilton. ISBN: 09792134-0-1 LCCN: 200792305 Copyright 2007.
Let Your Leadership Speak: How to Lead and Be Heard
Published by The Future is Yours to Create Press (a collaborative press and production group.) Served as co-editor and authored one of 11 chapter on the topic of charisma. 150 pages. ISBN: 0-9716914-0-1 Copyright 2001. Page 3: Nancy Hunter Denney
Life by Design: A Do-It-Yourself Approach for Achieving Happiness
Published by Victory Productions (Paxton, MA) a motivational text using a home improvement framework to inspire the reader to make necessary life changes of any size. 218 pages. ISBN: 1-930463-00-6 Out of print. Copyright 2000.
ONLINE COURSES AND WEBINARS
- Produced by McGraw-Hill and the NCSL: Ethics and The Student Leader, and High Performance Team Building – Released 2013
- Produced by and for the National Conference on Student Leadership: Effective Public Speaking, Civility in the Age of “Whatever,” Leaving a Legacy, Developing Leadership Programs – Released 2011
- Produced by and for iGot2Know.com: The Future is Yours to Create, A Time of Holding On and Letting Grow, Zing! Your Life and Leadership – Released 2007
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND INVOLVEMENTS
- Board Member: Missions for Humanity, 2014 – present
- National Board Member: ACPA Foundation, 2007 – 2009
- National Advisory Council Member: National Conference on Student Leadership, 2008 – 2009
- Association of College Personnel Administrators (ACPA)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Orientation Director’s Association (NODA)
- Our Family for Families First Foundation, 2010 – present
- Christian Education Committee Member, FCC of Marion (MA) 2006 – 2008
- Weekly volunteer trainer at Women’s Homeless Shelter, 2006 – 2007
- Youth Group Co-Leader, FCC of Marion (MA), 2004 – 2007
- Big Sister/Big Brother Mentor, New Bedford (MA), 1988-1991, 2004 – 2007
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer, 2004 – 2008
- Substitute Teacher – Sippican Elementary, ORR High School, 2004 – 2006
- First Congregational Church of Marion (MA) member, 2002 – 2010
- First Congregational Church of Paxton (MA) member, 1997 – 2002
- First Presbyterian Church of Worcester (MA) Elder and co-chairperson of Christian Education Committee, 1992, 1996, 1997
- Worcester Area Campus Ministries (MA) Board member, 1990-1995
- Paxton D.A.R.E. Program (Drug and Alcohol Resistance Education) (MA) Volunteer trainer, 1995 – 1997
Download a copy of this resume as a PDF: NHD Resume 2014